Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pop Punks Not Dead: Concert Review


Band: Set Your Goals, The Wonder Years, Man Overboard, This Time Next Year
Date: November 16, 2011
Location: The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA


Preconceived Thoughts of the Band: 
I have been waiting for the Pop Punks Not Dead tour for months now!! This is because I've been dying over The Wonder Years. When I first heard them a couple months back, I was like WTF how have I gone without them?! They are my exact kind of musical interest. Besides The Wonder Years, I have only really really slightly listened to Man Overboard and Set Your Goals. Just to note, New Found Glory was headlining this tour, but I didn't stay to see them unfortunately :( Even though pop punk isn't dead...I have to pass all my classes ;)





What Actually Happened (BITCH SPOILER ALERT!!!) 

I actually ended up going to this show alone, which is a first for me. Before I got in to the venue, I may have had a little to drink to loosen me up a bit..Anyhow. When I got there This Time Next Year had just started to play. There was already a good circle pit going and a bunch of people in the crowd. I had never listened to them before, but apparently they are a relatively local band to the bay area, so they had a good amount of fans for the first band. They were pretty good, I enjoyed their set and their music. Next was Man Overboard. I ended up moving closer to the stage, probably about 3 rows in. I have only recently started listening to Man Overboard, and I really didn't recognize any of their songs. I really liked them though! They are definitely my type of music, so it was fun. As another note, there were a ton...ton...of attractive guys at this show. I usually dont swoon this hard, but Pop Punks Not Dead tour definitely attracted some hot guys. I was literally surrounded by them during the Man Overboard set..no complaints there. After Man Overboard finished I was eavesdropping on some of the guys around me and they were saying how Man Overboard on their albums usually didn't sound as hard as they did live. Take that as you will, I feel I would like them either way.

THE WONDER YEARS. Wow, just really, what can I say? I had been dying for this part of the show for months. When the lights dimmed, I swear there was so much energy in the room. It was exactly how I had imagined. People moving, screaming the lyrics, just really good energy. The show was so much fun. The Wonder Years seriously killed it. They put on just an amazing set. Their stage energy is spot on and the fans and the crowd just ate it up. I had so much fun. It was worth the drive and worth going by myself as well. I just seriously felt like this was the place I wanted to be. It was so much fun, I love it when other people are feeling and connecting to the music as much as I do. It was an absolutely amazing show.

After The Wonder Years, Set Your Goals played. I had moved way over to the side by the wall of the room and was watching from there. I really dont listen to Set Your Goals, but I recognized one song. Just by watching the crowd, it looked really fun. There were a lot of people in there really in to it. Once again, like other shows, it made me wish I knew their music so I could be in the crowd having fun. Set Your Goals was originally from the Bay Area, and they definitely had a lot of fans. Their stage presence was really really strong. They looked like they were having a blast on stage and it definitely pumped up the crowd.


Verdict - Absolutely amazing sets, awesome crowd. Pop Punks Not Dead Tour brought it hard this year.


Bitch Rate: 0/5...No complaints here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment