Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hey Monday, Cartel, and The Ready Set: Nostalgia Concert Review


Band: Hey Monday, Cartel, and The Ready Set
Date: November 17, 2010
Location: Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA









Preconceived Thoughts of the Band: 
At the time of this show, The Ready Set was still on the edge for me. I had seen them live once or twice before this show, and I wasn't really feeling them yet. It wasn't until this show that I finally enjoyed their set (even though I still laugh at Jordan's dance moves). Cartel, being an older band in comparison to the others, I hadn't really listened to that much. I knew about 4-5 songs out of their set. As for Hey Monday, I will also still warming up to their sound/liking Cassidee Pope.





What Actually Happened (BITCH SPOILER ALERT!!!) 


The Ready Set's lead singer, Jordan, really makes me laugh when I see him perform. He's a short guy, moves around on the stages alot..I dont know how to describe it, but I really enjoy watching him perform. During this show I also realized how attractive their lead guitar player was (who actually isn't in the band anymore, sadly enough). They put on a pretty good show, ending with their most popular song "Love Like Woe." Cartel then came on. To be honest, I was a little surprised that Hey Monday was headlining and Cartel was opening for them. But hey, that's good for Hey Monday. I just always assumed Cartel was more popular since they have been around longer. Anyhow, Cartel played a pretty decent length set, and they played quite a few of the songs that I knew, so I really enjoyed seeing them live for the first time. 


This being the second or third time that I had seen Hey Monday, I was finally satisfied with the show. Cassidee really brought a lot of energy to the stage and I loved the set. She even played violin, which was impressive. This was definitely the show where I became a fan of Hey Monday. At the end of the show we ended up waiting around and we met both Jordan and Keegan from the Ready Set, they were both really nice!  On a side note, we were all really amused by the fact that this venue is located next to a strip club called "Where the Wild Girls Are," being Where the Wild Things are themed. Pretty amusing. 

Verdict - This show brought a great mix of music and diversity. None of these bands sound alike, music wise, and they all brought something unique to the stage. Overall, it was a really good show. 


Bitch Rate: 0/5--Cant bitch here!







No comments:

Post a Comment