Monday, November 7, 2011

La Dispute, Moving Mountains and O Brother: Concert Review


Band:  La Dispute, O Brother, Moving Mountains 
Date: November 6, 2011 
Location: Ace of Spades, Sacramento, CA 





Preconceived Thoughts of the Band: 
O Brother and Moving mountains I had never heard previously to this show. As for La Dispute, I definitely consider myself a new fan of the band. I just recently got into them a few months ago, but I really like them. However, they are definitely an acquired taste. As a note, Thrice was the headlining band for this tour, but we didn't stay to see them. 




What Actually Happened (BITCH SPOILER ALERT) - 
The doors opened at 6 for the show, we showed up around 615. It was actually really packed for this show, which I had pretty much expected. We ended up just standing along the railing by the bar area looking right out to the stage. It was a pretty good place to watch. Moving Mountains played first. I had never heard them before, but by the end of their set, I was really into them. The singer had a seriously kick ass voice. I loved it. Their music was amazing too, definitely talented musicians, I was feeling them as a whole. After them was O Brother. Even after a couple beers, I wasn't really interested. Really, I was just feeling a little bit bored. I couldn't even tell how many songs they had played, it seemed like they all just ran together. However, even though I got a little bored, they were still actually pretty good. The singer had a good voice and the music was good. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to hear that music then. La Dispute came on pretty quickly after O Brother finished. Like I mentioned, La Dispute is definitely an acquired taste. We were still standing in the bar area, but once they were a song in, I was really wishing I was in the pit. All the guys were into it and moving around. That was were I wanted to be!!! I was jealous that I didn't make my way down there. La Dispute put on a really good show. Jordan (singer), has so much energy on stage, running around with a tambourine. He got down in the crowd and was singing along with all the guys in the pit (made me want to be down there even more -_-). Since the music is so different, the guys behind us were hating on La Dispute their entire set. It got really annoying cause they literally talked the entire time and bitched about them. Anyways, they were really good and enjoyed seeing them live. It was definitely worth the $20 to see them and the two other bands. 




Verdict - Good times listening to some new music and seeing La Dispute. Only thing sucked was the bitching Thrice fans hating on La Dispute! D:


Bitch Rate - 1 /5 







1 comment: