Monday, November 7, 2011

All Time Low, Yellowcard, and Hey Monday: Concert Nostalgia

Band:  All Time Low, Yellowcard, and Hey Monday--The Dirty Work Tour
Date: April 16, 2011 and May 3, 2011 
Location: The Warfield, San Francisco, CA and Best Buy Theater, New York, New York. 







Preconceived Thoughts of the Band: 
All Time low has been one of my favorites for the past 6 years or so. I really loved their first album as well as their second one, however their third and fourth one definitely took me awhile to warm up to. As for Yellowcard, I have never been that big of a fan, I really just know their singles, but I do like them. Hey Monday has a female lead singer, and since that isn't my fave, it took me awhile to warm up to them. I've seen them live a few times before this, so I finally do like them well enough and know their songs. 


What Actually Happened (BITCH SPOILER ALERT) - 
I will be reviewing both the SF show as well as the NY show since I went to both, I will specify when I am talking about each show as I write. For the SF show, we got there a little bit later, but early enough not to miss Hey Monday. It was my first time going to The Warfield. It is a pretty venue, but the pit was packed!! There was barely any room for all the people that had tickets for it. It was pretty uncomfortable. Hey Monday was the first band that we saw and they were pretty good. She was really interacting with the crowd and play alot of songs, even a mix of a few of their songs in one. I was pretty happy with their set overall. Yellowcard came on next. They actually had alot of fans there just for them. I had never really listened to them besides the singles that they have put out, but I really loved them. They put on a really good show. No complaints there. Then was All Time Low. I really cant say that I have ever been disappointed with an All Time Low show. They always have alot of energy, are constantly interacting with crowd and play a good spectrum from their first album to their newest album. 


SF Show:









The NY show was at the Best Buy Theater, which is hands down the nicest venue I have ever been to. It was gorgeous inside! I was amazed. Our attendance of the show was really last minute. We knew that they were going to be playing while we were in NY, but we were on a pretty tight budget. We ended up getting our tickets on stubhub the night before for a really decent price. Anyways, if you read my review of The Bamboozle Festival, you know my feelings on the NJ crowds. Well, NY crowds weren't much better. We made it again right when Hey Monday was about to start. Even while we were waiting for them to play, I was getting pissed off at everyone around us. I just dont know what it was. Then, once they started playing, the crowd was just really rude and annoying. I honestly feel that even Cassadee (singer of Hey Monday) was annoyed. Her set felt alot more rushed than at the SF show, and it seemed shorter too. It could have been for a totally different reason, but she even didn't interact with the crowd half as much as she did before. Probably the thing that pissed me off the most was that the crowd was so rough and annoying that we could barely be in the pit. They did something I literally had never seen at any other show I have been to before. 3 or 4 guys would get on their hands and knees on the ground, then someone would run and jump on them to crowd surf. This was the stupidest thing ever to me. I usually dont have a huge problem with crowd surfers, but this was so dangerous and ridiculously. My friend got hit really hard in the head with someones foot when they were doing that. It was so bad that we basically just moved off to the side. Usually I'm down to get pushed around and jump, but it was way too much. Maybe I'm just getting too old though...
Anyways, once again, Yellowcard really had a great set and show. They played all the same songs as in SF, but I enjoyed it all the same. 


All Time Low was really good once again. They interacted just as much with the crowd, and played the same set, but they just put on a good show. One thing that I did appreciate about this crowd was that during Alex's usual solo of "Remembering Sunday" more than half of the pit sat down and just listened. I thought that was really cute. 


NY Show:















Verdict - SF show rocked, besides a way too crowded pit, and the NYshow...well...the bands were great but I still hated the crowd.


Bitch Rate - 2.5 /5 






Hey Monday:
I Don’t Wanna Dance
Homecomming
Fall Into Me
Acoustic Medley (Included Arizona and Hangover)
How You Love Me Now
Wish You Were Here

Yellowcard:
Lights And Sounds
Way Away
Believe
Fighting
Light Up The Sky
Hang You Up
For You and Your Denial
Only One
Ocean Ave

All Time Low:
Time Bomb
Stella
The Beach
Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don’t)
Coffeeshop Soundtrack
Let It Roll
Remembering Sunday
Six Feet Under The Stars
The Party Song
Papermoon
Break Your Little Heart
Sick Little Games
Poppin’ Champagne
Lost In Stereo
Therapy
Weightless
Dear Maria, Count Me In

No comments:

Post a Comment