Sunday, November 13, 2011

30H!3 and Hellogoodbye: Nostalgia Concert Review


Band: 3OH!3, Hellogoodbye, Down with Webster and K. Flay 
Date: November 18, 2010
Location: Slims, San Francisco, CA


Preconceived Thoughts of the Band: 
I love Hellogoodbye! I've seen them probably 7 or 8 times. They put on awesome shows! When this show came around I haaaaad to go because they had just put out their new album, Would It Kill You? And I really loved that album, so I was stoked for this show. I was also really excited to see 3OH!3, because I had been to see them live once or twice before and they have really great stage presence. I had never heard of the other 2 opening bands however. 





What Actually Happened (BITCH SPOILER ALERT!!!) 

When we first showed up, K.Flay had already started. By the end of her set, I was impressed, but not a fan. She was a rapper, and she was pretty good. Just not my style I guess. Next was Down With Webster. I seriously......did not like them. I hated their style, their music, their lyrics..all that kind of stuff. However, it seemed that the crowd liked them. Maybe I was in a bad mood, but I really disliked them. It seemed way to wanna be boy rap band, definitely just not my thing. They did really get the crowd into it, so I have to give them credit for that.

Finally, Hellogoodbye came out! During their set, they played a good mix of songs from their new album as well as their older albums. I was really surprised that not that many people were fans. 30H!3 and Hellogoodbye aren't exactly the same genre, but Hellogoodbye has been around quite a long time. I was really excited to hear alot of their new songs, especially their single "When We First Met." They put on a really great set. They are always sort of awkward dudes, but to me, that makes the set even more enjoyable. I hated the fact that all the girls were like "Oh he's so hot." Just annoys me! Overall, I was so glad they played. When 30H!3 came out, they really just closed the entire night amazingly. They played so many songs, covered songs, and the two of them have great stage energy. The crowd was also a lot of fun. The people standing around us were awesome and we all had a lot of fun.



Verdict - Great sets by Hellogoodbye and 3OH!3, however, I wasn't that big of a fan of Down With Webster and K. Flay. 


Bitch Rate: 2.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment