Saturday, October 22, 2011

Nostalgia Concert Review: blink-182 Reunion Concert

Band: blink-182 with Chester FrenchTaking Back Sunday, and Weezer
Date: September 13, 2009
Location: Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA






Sidenote: Sorry! this is not going to be a current concert review. There wasn't any concert worth going to this week. I could have gone and seen this acoustic/spoken word artist but I'm always too skeptical on the artists the school brings. 



Preconcieved Thoughts Of The Band (At The Time): Finally after their 4 year "indefinite hiatus", they announced their reunion, new music, new album, but before all that they decided to tour to get the feel of the band. I became a fan only about 2 years before they broke. From their interviews in sounded almost sure they would not get back together, therefore I would not be able to see them live. Their happy reunion happened in tragedy when Travis was involved in a plane crash. He brought everyone together, reconciled their differences and announced their reunion. When I heard that they were going to tour, I was more than ready to see them live.


Taking Back Sunday was a band I also grew up listening to. Around the time I saw them they changed line-up yet again. I didn't know what to expect from the new guitarist. Fred contributed so much to the band. I was pretty skeptical.


I knew about Weezer but I never got around listening to them. I barely listened to their Green Album and Make Believe album but that was pretty much it. 


Chester French was a fairly new band. They are a completely different genre from the other openers and the headliner. I was also skeptical on them. 


What Actually Happened (BITCH SPOILER ALERT!!!) - So my friend recommend me to get lawn tickets because its "more fun". In fact, it was too far from my taste. Everyone was by the fence. I wanted to get the front of the lawn no matter what. We missed the majority of Chester French's set. It sounded ok, but not my taste of music. 


So during Taking Back Sunday, there was a mosh forming behind my friends and I. Half way through the first song my friend get pushed and falls hard! I freak out and help her out. She got badly hurt and didn't want to be around the crowd anymore. So she left me and my friend in the lawn.
Taking Back Sunday was disappointing! They were not energetic, the singer sounded muffled they were out of tune, and the new guitar was just horrible.


The majority of Weezer's set I was trying to get to the front of the lawn. There were these Berkeley bro's standing their ground pushing everyone behind them. It was so irritating. That was annoying.  Either way, I didn't pay attention to Weezer's performance. Their set took forever!


Blink took too long to get on stage. I got to the front just in time. Their entrance was unexpected. All I heard was Mark's bass and then "Dumpweed" started playing. I could feel the crowd swaying. The majority of the concert, i was in pain from everyone pushing me and me pushing them back. I head banged through the majority of the setlist. Half way through the set list I felt a sort of euphoric experience. I was just filled with joy to see my favorite band. It was this natural high my body was giving off....or it could be the blood going to my arms and legs from the pain I was feeling. 


The next day, my arms and stomach was filled with bruises. It looked like I was physically attacked. I had it for about a week.


Verdict - I enjoyed it. Their visuals were stunning. It was an experience getting to know people that have the same love for them as I do. Openers were ehh....


Bitch Rate - 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment